Your hometown credit union…since 1933
Buffalo Service Credit Union was founded in 1933 at the local U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to serve federal employees and their families. As time went on and the credit union grew larger, more space was needed.
In 1983, we moved to the Dulski Federal Building at 111 W. Huron Street in downtown Buffalo. The credit union continued to grow by providing excellent service and all of the products and services designed to meet the needs of our members.
During that time, we arranged to add two employee groups to our field of membership: the Federal Reserve Bank of Buffalo and the Wackenhut Security Company. In 2005, BSCU then moved across the street to a brand new building at the Niagara Center, 130 S. Elmwood Avenue.
In 2011, our Board voted to seek a community charter which opened up our membership to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Erie County. We continue to grow strong as a result.
Over time, we established two additional branch offices: WNY Health Care Systems Veterans Administration Hospital at 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo and the AppleTree Business Park at 2875 Union Road, Cheektowaga.