Reach your goals quicker
Take advantage of great savings options like certificates and IRAs––secure ways to grow your savings faster. All of your BSCU deposits are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000.
Term Share Certificates
With a Share Certificate, your savings can grow faster by locking in a rate for a set term. Certificates generally have a higher interest rate than a typical savings account.
You’ll enjoy competitive interest rates with deposits as low as $500.
- Terms ranging from 6 months to 4 years.
- Interest that’s compounded and credited monthly.
- Interest withdrawal each month without penalties.*
At the end of your term, we’ll transfer the funds to your share savings account. Then you’ll have the option of choosing a new rate and term or renewing your certificate for the same term.
*There are penalties on early withdrawals, except for withdrawals of interest.
Invest in a secure retirement with an IRA
You can maintain your lifestyle and do the things you’ve dreamed of after retirement if you start saving early.
With a BSCU IRA:
- Your savings are tax-deferred earnings so they grow faster tax-free.
- You’ll only pay income tax once you begin to withdraw funds––when you’re likely to be in a lower tax bracket
- You’ll pay no fees.
(Please note: BSCU does not currently offer Roth IRAs or Coverdell Education Savings Accounts.)